Webster Bank to open in Storrs Center
Webster Bank, the official bank of the UConn Alumni Association and UConn Athletics, is planning on opening its doors in Storrs Center this August. The bank will be located in a 1600 square foot building on One Royce Circle.
"We are very excited about adding Webster Bank to downtown. We try to provide a variety of amenities and it's another piece of the puzzle," said Cynthia van Zelm, the Executive Director for Mansfield Downtown Partnership, Inc.
The branch will reside among the many shops, restaurants and other services already offered in the downtown area. It will be full-service, providing customers with business and consumer banking, mortgage, trust and investment services and ATMs, among others.
This branch will include the Husky student-checking program. Students will have the option for a checking account with no minimum balance requirements, a waiver on the first four Webster ATM fees per statement cycle and one rebate of other banks' ATM fees per statement cycle, among additional perks. The Husky Debit Cards are available online, through Facebook, by phone call to their Customer Care Center and at the new branch downtown in August.
"It was important to our customers that we have a branch nearby," said Brenda Greene, the Vice President of Public Affairs for Webster Bank, noting the importance of Webster Bank's relationship with UConn.
"We look forward to meeting the personal and business banking needs of the Storrs community with exceptional customer service," said Jerry Plush, President and COO of Webster Bank.
The first bank in Connecticut to issue GI loans and the first in its area to make an FHA home improvement loan, Webster prides itself on core values such as "personal responsibility for meeting [its] customers' needs, to respect the dignity of every individual" and "to earn trust thorough ethical behavior," according to its website The bank has won several awards for community service including the United Way of Greater Waterbury's Spirit of Excellence Award in 2012, the Power of Giving Award from Connecticut Public Broadcasting network in 2010, the Small Business Administration's Veterans Champion in 2009 and the Excellence in Lending Award in 2007.
Both Mansfield Downtown Partnership, Inc. and Webster Bank expect the new branch in the Storrs Center to be beneficial for businesses, students and the greater Storrs community.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest