PS4's second coming

By Alex Sferrazza

The next-gen console wars are ready to rear up once again. The first major AAA exclusive titles to hit both the PS4 and Xbox One are right around the corner, and while shooting fans are undeniably hyped for the Xbox One exclusive "Titanfall," PlayStation nation has its sights set on "inFamous: Second Son."
The third major installment in Sony's popular open-world, action platforming "inFamous" series (following "inFamous," "inFamous 2," and "inFamous: Festival of Blood") "Second Son" promises to be the most ambitious game in the series yet.
Developer Sucker Punch Productions (also famous for creating the "Sly Cooper" series) has pulled out all the stops for this sequel. Of course, players of the original "infamous" titles will notice that original protagonist Cole McGrath is nowhere to be seen (Spoiler! The game takes place after the "good" ending of "inFamous 2" in which Cole sacrificed himself). Enter Deslin Rowe, a 24 year old graffiti artist and, like Cole, a conduit-super powered beings labeled "bio-terrorists" by the government-who has the ability to absorb the abilities of other conduits.
Rowe will be voiced and performed by the current "everyman" of gaming Troy Baker.
"Second Son" will feature full motion capture cutscenes a la "Uncharted" and "The Last of Us," a move from the comic style that featured prominently in the first titles of the series. The change will help showcase both the improved graphical power of the PlayStation 4, as well as the game's unique setting of Seattle, Washington.
Of course, "inFamous" players know that the series offers players the oppourtunity to play as either the hero or the villain. You're given an enormous amount of creative freedom once you're thrown into the open-game world. The feature gives the "inFamous" games a high level of re-playability rarely seen in many single player-centric titles.
"If you don't playthrough as a hero and a villain...you are not seeing the game, right? I mean...that is a big deal," Sucker Punch's Nate Fox said in an interview with Gamerhub. "The game is two very different products and it is an open world game so it is packed with secrets and things to do. To see it all you gotta put in the time."
"inFamous: Second Son" will hit PlayStation 4 worldwide on March 21, 2014.