Another awards season, another winless nomination Leonardo DiCaprio constantly snubbed for 'Best Act

By Ashley Maher

It was yet another Oscar snub for "Wolf of Wall Street" star Leonardo DiCaprio, when Matthew McConaughey took home the award for Best Lead Actor for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" at the Academy Awards. Broken-hearted fans took to social media in mourning, while a photo of Leo's emotional expression of defeat went viral.
  This is not the first time DiCaprio posed as a challenging contender as an Oscar nominee and fallen unfortunately into defeat. In fact, not once has Dicaprio ever found himself on stage holding that legendary golden little man speaking the ever famous words, "I would like to thank the academy." Over the past two decades DiCaprio has been nominated for five Oscars, three of which were for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role, all of which he has lost. He was even nominated for the prestigious award of Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role with his breakout role in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape," which was released when he was only nineteen years old. With all of these impressive nominations under his belt showing his depth and talent as an actor, why is it that DiCaprio has not once won an Oscar? But an even more important question that plagues the minds of fans across the country, and surely even the actor himself, is will he ever find his time on the stage?
DiCaprio is not the most snubbed actor by the academy. Actor Peter O'Toole was nominated a grand total of eight times for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role without winning one Oscar, but was eventually given a Lifetime Achievement Award by the academy. Or, even worse, sound mixer Kevin O'Connell, has been nominated 20 times for 20 different ceremonies, and has lost every time. It will be exciting to see Leonardo DiCaprio's future plans as he goes forward in his acting career; turning 40 this year, fans hopefully will see much more from DiCaprio before he turns over the acting leaf. He only seems to get better with age and his talent continues to thrive. We can only continue to dream that DiCaprio's day will come and he will find the recognition he deserves. Or maybe, when we are old and gray we will see DiCaprio receiving his own lifetime achievement award, as our grandkids question us "who's that old guy?" But, Oscar or no Oscar, Leonardo DiCaprio will always be a winner to us.