UConn4Syria to host fund raiser for refugees
UConn's Amnesty International chapter will be hosting UConn alumnus, photographer and journalist Diego Cupolo, for a UConn4Syria event on Friday. The event will take place from 3 to 5 p.m. in Room 311 of Koons Hall, and is free and open to all.
Diego Cupolo, CLAS Journalism '06, is the author of the book "Seven Syrians: War Accounts from Syrian Refugees" which documents the lives of seven regular, everyday Syrians as they experience the war and most devastating refugee crisis the world has seen in 20 years. In addition to giving their personal, eyewitness accounts, Cupolo features photo portraits of the storytellers. A percentage of profits from Cupolo's book go to A Heart for Syrian, a non-profit organization that aides Syrian refugees. It is published by 8th House Publishing and available through the publisher, at Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble and other retailers.
During his time at UConn, Cupolo was the news editor of The Daily Campus and traveled with Community Outreach on an alternative break to New Orleans to volunteer with hurricane-relief. He began his journalism and photography careers in New York City and has resided in Montreal, Quebec and Buenos Aires, Argentina, working on the road as an independent journalist. Both his written and visual work has been featured in The New Yorker, The Atlantic, The Associated Press, The Village Voice, The Australian Times, Discover Magazine, The Argentina Independent and Diagonal PeriÃ³dico.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools