Lacrosse: UConn hosts Quinnipiac in attempt to gain their first win of the season
The UConn Women's Lacrosse team will host the Quinnipiac Bobcats this Saturday at the George Sherman Family Sports Complex.
Connecticut is heading into Saturday's game with a 0-1 record courtesy of the No. 12 UMass Amherst Minutewomen last Saturday. The Minutewomen handed the Huskies a 7-5 loss on their home turf. Connecticut rallied late from a four goal halftime deficit, but still came up two goals short in the end.
Connecticut's senior midfielder Lauren Kahn led the rally with four goals and an assist. Kahn was involved with every goal the Huskies scored in the game. The senior was very productive in the offensive zone to say the least.
Kahn will need to have a big game against the vulnerable Quinnipiac defense this week. The last time UConn played Quinnipiac the Huskies won in a dominating fashion by a score of 20-6, exposing the Bobcat defense. Kahn netted two goals and six assists against the Bobcats in last year's March matchup.
Connecticut will need Kahn to have a big game Saturday if they desire to climb back to .500.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest