Lacrosse: UConn hosts Quinnipiac in attempt to gain their first win of the season
The UConn Women's Lacrosse team will host the Quinnipiac Bobcats this Saturday at the George Sherman Family Sports Complex.
Connecticut is heading into Saturday's game with a 0-1 record courtesy of the No. 12 UMass Amherst Minutewomen last Saturday. The Minutewomen handed the Huskies a 7-5 loss on their home turf. Connecticut rallied late from a four goal halftime deficit, but still came up two goals short in the end.
Connecticut's senior midfielder Lauren Kahn led the rally with four goals and an assist. Kahn was involved with every goal the Huskies scored in the game. The senior was very productive in the offensive zone to say the least.
Kahn will need to have a big game against the vulnerable Quinnipiac defense this week. The last time UConn played Quinnipiac the Huskies won in a dominating fashion by a score of 20-6, exposing the Bobcat defense. Kahn netted two goals and six assists against the Bobcats in last year's March matchup.
Connecticut will need Kahn to have a big game Saturday if they desire to climb back to .500.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools