Men's tennis vists Marist
The UConn men's tennis team will travel to Poughkeepsie, N.Y. on Tuesday to take on the Red Foxes of Marist College.
The Huskies (3-1) will look to rebound after suffering a 6-1 defeat last Thursday at Quinnipiac, their first loss in a dual match this year.
Tuesday's matchup against Marist will be the toughest matchup for UConn thus far. Head coach Michael Louis has expressed that Marist will be a tough opponent all year, and now they are up against them at last. Like the Huskies, Marist has been impressive this season.
The Red Foxes have only played in one dual match but have performed well in all the tournaments they have played in. Marist has competed in the Brown Invitational, the USTA Invitational/Ivy Plus Tournament and the Columbia Invite this season along with the one dual match against Siena.
Both the Huskies and the Red Foxes have faced off against Siena this year, and both won in convincing fashion. UConn shutout the Saints 7-0 while the Red Foxes beat them 6-1.
UConn started off the year with three straight wins and will look to avoid back-to-back losses. This will be the last dual match of the fall season for the Huskies before they head to Regional Championships in a few days.
The match will start at 3 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
- Men's Basketball: Jalen Adams commits to UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy
- AARP Offers Tools for Caregivers
- Getting the Best Price for Your House to Help Finance...
- Why Purchase a Fishing License?