Men's tennis vists Marist
The UConn men's tennis team will travel to Poughkeepsie, N.Y. on Tuesday to take on the Red Foxes of Marist College.
The Huskies (3-1) will look to rebound after suffering a 6-1 defeat last Thursday at Quinnipiac, their first loss in a dual match this year.
Tuesday's matchup against Marist will be the toughest matchup for UConn thus far. Head coach Michael Louis has expressed that Marist will be a tough opponent all year, and now they are up against them at last. Like the Huskies, Marist has been impressive this season.
The Red Foxes have only played in one dual match but have performed well in all the tournaments they have played in. Marist has competed in the Brown Invitational, the USTA Invitational/Ivy Plus Tournament and the Columbia Invite this season along with the one dual match against Siena.
Both the Huskies and the Red Foxes have faced off against Siena this year, and both won in convincing fashion. UConn shutout the Saints 7-0 while the Red Foxes beat them 6-1.
UConn started off the year with three straight wins and will look to avoid back-to-back losses. This will be the last dual match of the fall season for the Huskies before they head to Regional Championships in a few days.
The match will start at 3 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance