A playlist to help you earn that A
Here at Focus, we're battening down all of our hatches for finals, and odds are, you are too. Here, then, is a finals playlist meant to get your brain in gear and help you get all those As, Bs or Cs you need.
Hell of a Season- The Black Keys
Starting off your study sesh with a bang, this toe-tapper (or stomper) from the Keys' most recent album "El Camino" fuels steady concentration and a can-do attitude. The song features a rainbow of instrumentation, including pulsing drum beats and the whiny electric guitar talents of Dan Auerbach. Enjoy. After all, it's most likely been a hell of semester.
Make It Happen- (Feat. Juicy J) Casey Veggies
It's time to get "trippy mane" in Homer Babbidge. Casey Veggies (with the help of Juicy) will help you tackle that test, or at least have you bobbing your head in the process. Resist the urge to act recklessly while listening.
Mathematics- Mos Def
A classic hip-hop throwback most effective when listened to studying for Stats, Calculus or any other painful Q course you've had the misfortune to take. Chock full of record-scratching, nasty spitting by Mos Def and general 90s hip hop reminiscence, this one lends some dopeness to derivatives.
Don't Panic- Coldplay
Chris Martin isn't panicking, and neither should you. "We live in a beautiful world," he declares. Remember this when your exams are making it ugly.
Textbook Stuff- XV (Feat. Kendrick Lamar)
MC XV didn't go to college, but he offers some quality advice. "I slumped, in my chair and my grades," he admits. He does tell us, with the help of K-Dot, to resist education taking over our lives. A refreshingly conscious rap jam, this song helps any student keep it real.
You Might Die Trying- Dave Matthews Band
Self-explanatory. Acoustically perfect and minimally melancholy, Dave Matthews' classic from "Stand Up" provides a change of pace.
Determined- Kendrick Lamar
If there's anyone this year who represents determination, it's ultra-successful underground rapper Kendrick Lamar. Straight off his first mixtape, the track impresses and gives you a sweet taste of pre-m.A.A.d. City K-Dot.
Check Yo Self- Ice Cube
Vital to any classic hip-hop playlist, it's also vital to a study playlist. NWA days-Ice Cube tell you to "check yo self...before you wreck yo self." Solid pre-exam advice.
Hard To Concentrate- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Wherever you're conducting your studies, it is likely that concentration (or lack thereof) is an issue. Perhaps the melodic sympathies of Anthony Kiedis, John Frusciante and the rest of the Peppers will be prove helpful and soothing.
Two Weeks- Grizzly Bear
Two weeks, or hopefully less, till Christmas break. A favorite of any well-versed indie listener, this track is smooth, catchy and smile-inducing: exactly what a college student needs during these difficult times.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit