A playlist to help you earn that A
Here at Focus, we're battening down all of our hatches for finals, and odds are, you are too. Here, then, is a finals playlist meant to get your brain in gear and help you get all those As, Bs or Cs you need.
Hell of a Season- The Black Keys
Starting off your study sesh with a bang, this toe-tapper (or stomper) from the Keys' most recent album "El Camino" fuels steady concentration and a can-do attitude. The song features a rainbow of instrumentation, including pulsing drum beats and the whiny electric guitar talents of Dan Auerbach. Enjoy. After all, it's most likely been a hell of semester.
Make It Happen- (Feat. Juicy J) Casey Veggies
It's time to get "trippy mane" in Homer Babbidge. Casey Veggies (with the help of Juicy) will help you tackle that test, or at least have you bobbing your head in the process. Resist the urge to act recklessly while listening.
Mathematics- Mos Def
A classic hip-hop throwback most effective when listened to studying for Stats, Calculus or any other painful Q course you've had the misfortune to take. Chock full of record-scratching, nasty spitting by Mos Def and general 90s hip hop reminiscence, this one lends some dopeness to derivatives.
Don't Panic- Coldplay
Chris Martin isn't panicking, and neither should you. "We live in a beautiful world," he declares. Remember this when your exams are making it ugly.
Textbook Stuff- XV (Feat. Kendrick Lamar)
MC XV didn't go to college, but he offers some quality advice. "I slumped, in my chair and my grades," he admits. He does tell us, with the help of K-Dot, to resist education taking over our lives. A refreshingly conscious rap jam, this song helps any student keep it real.
You Might Die Trying- Dave Matthews Band
Self-explanatory. Acoustically perfect and minimally melancholy, Dave Matthews' classic from "Stand Up" provides a change of pace.
Determined- Kendrick Lamar
If there's anyone this year who represents determination, it's ultra-successful underground rapper Kendrick Lamar. Straight off his first mixtape, the track impresses and gives you a sweet taste of pre-m.A.A.d. City K-Dot.
Check Yo Self- Ice Cube
Vital to any classic hip-hop playlist, it's also vital to a study playlist. NWA days-Ice Cube tell you to "check yo self...before you wreck yo self." Solid pre-exam advice.
Hard To Concentrate- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Wherever you're conducting your studies, it is likely that concentration (or lack thereof) is an issue. Perhaps the melodic sympathies of Anthony Kiedis, John Frusciante and the rest of the Peppers will be prove helpful and soothing.
Two Weeks- Grizzly Bear
Two weeks, or hopefully less, till Christmas break. A favorite of any well-versed indie listener, this track is smooth, catchy and smile-inducing: exactly what a college student needs during these difficult times.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools