UConn mourns passing of Prof. J Garry Clifford
J. Garry Clifford, pictured here died on March 26. Photo by College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The UConn community mourns the passing of political science professor and graduate program director J. Garry Clifford, 72. Clifford collapsed outside the UConn library on March 26 and was unable to be resuscitated by medics, according to an email that was sent to Clifford's students by the Political Science Department.
Clifford was teaching Recent American Diplomacy this semester in line with his research interests, according to his faculty biography.
Born in 1942 in Massachusetts, Clifford earned his B.A in Political Science from Williams College and his Ph.D. in History from Indian University in 1969. Prior to UConn, Clifford taught at Dartmouth and University of Tennessee. He has authored numerous works on history and political science.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest