UConn mourns passing of Prof. J Garry Clifford
J. Garry Clifford, pictured here died on March 26. Photo by College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The UConn community mourns the passing of political science professor and graduate program director J. Garry Clifford, 72. Clifford collapsed outside the UConn library on March 26 and was unable to be resuscitated by medics, according to an email that was sent to Clifford's students by the Political Science Department.
Clifford was teaching Recent American Diplomacy this semester in line with his research interests, according to his faculty biography.
Born in 1942 in Massachusetts, Clifford earned his B.A in Political Science from Williams College and his Ph.D. in History from Indian University in 1969. Prior to UConn, Clifford taught at Dartmouth and University of Tennessee. He has authored numerous works on history and political science.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care