Men's tennis: UConn hosts Sacred Heart in last meet

By Eugene Joh

The UConn men's tennis team looks to finish the regular season with a win, as they host Sacred Heart Saturday at the UConn tennis courts. The meet is set to begin at noon.
UConn (7-11) is coming off of a hard-fought victory over Southern New Hampshire. In that match-up, the Huskies took four of six singles matches to win the meet, 4-3. The win snapped a four-meet losing streak that included losses to Temple, Bryant, Georgetown and Villanova.
Sacred Heart (5-9) is also coming off of a closely contested meet, edging Hartford 4-3 this past Wednesday. In that meet, the Pioneers split the singles matches with Hartford 3-3 and won all three doubles matches to record the victory.
UConn junior and wins leader Wayne Harrell looks to earn his 15th victory in singles play to finish the regular season. In his last match against SNHU, Harrell snapped a four-meet losing streak in singles matches when he beat Mitch Dobek. With the meet tied at 3-3, Harrell clinched the win for the Huskies by winning that No. 1singles match, 6-4, 7-5.
Freshman Parker Goldstein was efficient for the Huskies in their last meet against SNHU, winning his No. 4 singles match and teaming with junior Joshua Palmer in the No. 3 doubles match to get the pair of victories. Going into the meet with Sacred Heart, Goldstein looks to win a third consecutive doubles match to finish his first season for the Huskies.
The Huskies hope to finish strongly in a season that included a seven-meet losing streak between October and March. In post-season play, the Huskies head to Memphis to play in the American Athletic Conference Championships next Thursday.