Lacrosse: UConn looks to keep six game win streak alive as they take on Georgetown
In what has turned into an impressive turnaround, the UConn lacrosse team (7-4) look to continue their six-game winning streak Friday against a challenging Georgetown (4-7).
UConn is 0-13 all time against the Hoyas, which will make this game even more of a battle between the two teams.
Over the course of their streak, UConn has played in a variety of games. Some have been one-sided, decisive events, such as the game against Fresno St. and Temple, and others have been overtime nail-biters, which was the case against Rutgers, Fairfield and James Madison.
One thing has been consistent though - the style in which they play. Coach Katie Woods credits the streak to the Huskies' commitment to each other, saying, "we've done really well playing as a team. Teamwork comes through passing the ball well, making the hustle plays, playing with toughness. The team has shown resiliency over thiswhole stretch."
UConn has gotten outstanding production out of their senior star, Lauren Kahn. The team's overall leading scorer, Kahn has scored 14 goals and tallied 11 assists to propel the offense. Coach Woods pointed out the senior's role on the team went beyond numbers. "Obviously, Lauren is capable of putting the team on her back at times, but what makes her special is the calming influence she has on the team in tight spots. When we're behind, or in overtime, having her out there is big for us."
UConn faces off against Georgetown at 4 p.m. at the Sherman Complex on Friday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest