Lacrosse: UConn looks to keep six game win streak alive as they take on Georgetown

By Elan DeCarlo

In what has turned into an impressive turnaround, the UConn lacrosse team (7-4) look to continue their six-game winning streak Friday against a challenging Georgetown (4-7).
UConn is 0-13 all time against the Hoyas, which will make this game even more of a battle between the two teams.
Over the course of their streak, UConn has played in a variety of games. Some have been one-sided, decisive events, such as the game against Fresno St. and Temple, and others have been overtime nail-biters, which was the case against Rutgers, Fairfield and James Madison.
One thing has been consistent though - the style in which they play. Coach Katie Woods credits the streak to the Huskies' commitment to each other, saying, "we've done really well playing as a team. Teamwork comes through passing the ball well, making the hustle plays, playing with toughness. The team has shown resiliency over thiswhole stretch."
UConn has gotten outstanding production out of their senior star, Lauren Kahn. The team's overall leading scorer, Kahn has scored 14 goals and tallied 11 assists to propel the offense. Coach Woods pointed out the senior's role on the team went beyond numbers. "Obviously, Lauren is capable of putting the team on her back at times, but what makes her special is the calming influence she has on the team in tight spots. When we're behind, or in overtime, having her out there is big for us."
UConn faces off against Georgetown at 4 p.m. at the Sherman Complex on Friday.