Women's tennis: UConn looks for third straight win in final meet of the season

By Eugene Joh

The UConn women's tennis team looks to end its regular season with a three-meet win streak, as they face Marist Saturday at the UConn tennis courts. The meet is set to begin at noon.
The Huskies are coming off of a victory over Villanova, winning all six singles matches and all three doubles matches for a 7-0 victory. In a dominant display in singles and doubles play, senior Lucy Nutting was the only player who dropped more than three games in a match.
Playing in the No. 4 singles match, Nutting won the first set 7-5 before breaking serve three times in the second to take it in straight sets, 7-5, 6-0. UConn finished the meet winning all 12 sets played in singles; six of them were won by a score of 6-0.
The Red Foxes (3-7) are coming off of a loss, losing to Quinnipiac this past Wednesday 5-2. Marist won two of six singles matches and none of three doubles matches to lose their second straight meet.
Sophomore Srna Stosljevic, the Huskies' singles wins leader, looks to earn a 20th victory as she finishes up the regular season. Stosljevic looks to continue her good form going into the meet, having won four of the past five and seven of the past 10 singles matches.
Senior Jennifer Learmonth, the Huskies' doubles wins leader, also looks for a 20th victory to end her last season in Storrs. In UConn's last meet, Learmonth snapped a three-meet losing streak when she teamed with fellow senior Marie Gargiulio to beat Villanova's Connor Brewer and Anne Cognetti in the No. 3 doubles match.
UConn (7-11) looks to end their season in winning fashion before heading to the American Athletic Championships in Tampa, Fla. on April 17. The Huskies hope to heat up just before the post-season, and look to earn a season-best third straight win over the weekend.