No charges to be filed against UConn RB Lyle McCombs
Huskython 2013. ROB WILSON/The Daily Campus
An investigation into an altercation involving UConn running back Lyle McCombs at the Student Recreational Facility has closed, and no charges will be filed against either person, according to the UConn Police Department.
"The investigation is now closed," Deputy Chief Hans Rhynhart told The Daily Campus Monday afternoon. "After a review of the facts gathered during the investigation, it has been determined that charges will not be filed against either person."
An altercation ensued in the gym on Jan. 21 during a game of basketball. Multiple witnesses said that McCombs, who ranks fourth in UConn history with 2,681 rushing yards, was one of the two people involved. The name of the other student was not released.
McCombs, a redshirt junior, will play his fourth and final season for the Huskies this fall.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit