No charges to be filed against UConn RB Lyle McCombs
Huskython 2013. ROB WILSON/The Daily Campus
An investigation into an altercation involving UConn running back Lyle McCombs at the Student Recreational Facility has closed, and no charges will be filed against either person, according to the UConn Police Department.
"The investigation is now closed," Deputy Chief Hans Rhynhart told The Daily Campus Monday afternoon. "After a review of the facts gathered during the investigation, it has been determined that charges will not be filed against either person."
An altercation ensued in the gym on Jan. 21 during a game of basketball. Multiple witnesses said that McCombs, who ranks fourth in UConn history with 2,681 rushing yards, was one of the two people involved. The name of the other student was not released.
McCombs, a redshirt junior, will play his fourth and final season for the Huskies this fall.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care