Nintendo has fans on edge for details on latest 'Super Smash Bros.' game

By Matt Gantos

Slowly but surely, Nintendo has been releasing information on the new "Super Smash Bros." The game will be the fourth in the franchise and will be packed with tons of new features and characters.
Information regarding the new characters, items and stages are all incredibly important, but they aren't the sole factor in determining the games' worth. However, until the game is released, players cannot know for sure just how well the game will play and feel, so the new features are the only reference points we currently have.
One of the bigger adjustments the creators have announced is that there will no longer be any in-battle character changes. That means that Sheik and Zelda are now separate characters, as well as Samus and Zero-Suit Samus.
Speaking of Pokémon, the Pokémon trainer has been removed, and Charizard has struck out on his own. This means that so far, four Pokemon have been confirmed: Charizard, Pikachu, Lucario, and Greninja. Oddly enough, they haven't yet confirmed Jigglypuff, who has been on the roster since the very first game.
For the time being, fans will have to take solace in the addition of Greninja, a new Pokemon from the latest generation of the Pokémon games.
So far, five newcomers have been announced: Mega Man, The "Animal Crossing" Villager, the Wii Fitness Trainer, Little Mac from "Punch-Out!!" and Rosalina and Luma. Each character is sure to add a new dynamic to the game. All five have an extensive demo video that shows off some of their capabilities, which can all be viewed on smashbros.com. Each video features a short CGI scene of the new characters, followed by in-game footage, featuring the character.
Little Mac has a special feature that allows him to execute incredibly powerful attacks when stringing together a combo. It'll be interesting to see how advanced players will utilize this and how difficult it will be to pull off in competitive play.
Mega Man is probably one of the most anticipated new characters. His move set will be incredibly familiar to fans of the franchise, featuring his old power ups and the signature slide attack.
For the players that adamantly play only on the Final Destination stage, there is good news! Each stage is going to have a "Final Destination" version, clearing the stage of all obstacles, yet maintaining the aesthetics. This means you don't always have to play in deep space, but instead with any sort of backdrop you desire.
Since Nintendo hasn't released all of the information yet, anything is still possible, meaning they can still decide to incorporate a number of different things, including randomly generated events, such as tripping.
Tripping is the commonly considered to be what made "Brawl" a big disappointment for many hardcore players. It is a feature added in "Brawl" that gives the fighters a small chance to simply trip and fall during gameplay, briefly stunning them. This RNG element disappointed many competitive veterans.
Hopefully the release of this game will encourage a new wave of sales for the Wii U and the 3DS. The game is being released for both systems later this year.