Softball: Huskies look to snap skid against Quinnipiac in Hamden
UConn’s Jacklyn Dubois (9) starts a swing at the plate during a softball game last season. The Huskies will play their first game in the state of Connecticut this season on Thursday when they travel to Hamden to take on Quinnipiac.
The UConn softball team will travel to Hamden today to take on the Quinnipiac Bobcats in a non-league regular season matchup between two teams looking for a victory to turn their season's around.
The Huskies look to snap out of a nine-game losing streak that has been a part of the slow 5-20 start to the season. Quinnipiac has also struggled to a 3-18 start and are looking to win its first home game of the season.
The Huskies will need a stronger pitching performance than they have produced as of late if they expect to beat the Bobcats. UConn has allowed at least six runs in each of its last five games, often putting the team in a hole it cannot climb out of.
There also has not been much run support lately for the Huskies. UConn has scored more than three runs only five times this season. However, the Huskies are 3-3 in games in which they have scored more than three runs.
UConn won the fall matchup between these two teams by a score of 7-2. The Huskies put together a solid pitching effort combined with strong hitting, something they will need to replicate in order to win.
During the fall matchup, UConn was led by a balanced offensive output. Heather Fyfe, Lexi Gifford, Jacklyn Dubois, Valerie Sadowl and Lauren Tremblay all had at least one RBI during the game. Fyfe and Sadol hit a solo homerun and a two run home run respectively.
Katelyn Callahan and Kayla Doty each had solid outings on the mound in their last meeting this fall. Callahan allowed only one run in three and a third innings along with three strikeouts. Doty pitched three-and-two-thirds innings of relief work with three strikeouts while only allowing one hit.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?