Meet police dogs in Dogs and Dogs event
Students will have the chance to meet some of the University of Connecticut Police Department's four-legged members today at the Dogs and Dogs event.
The event will run from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on the lawn outside the Wilbur Cross Building and will feature food, music and demonstrations by the UConn Police K9 units as well as Rape Aggression Defense techniques every half-hour.
The Undergraduate Student Government is hosting the event to build awareness of the UConn Police Department and the work they do on campus that students might not normally see.
USG President Edward Courchaine said that it will be good for students to see a different side of the police force after the post-championship celebrations this weekend, which led to dozens of arrests.
"It's to get to know the officers, see what they do and see the things not often seen but are important to students," Courchaine said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care