Men's Tennis: UConn tops SNHU, snaps four-match skid
The UConn men's tennis team ended a four-meet losing streak as they edged the Southern New Hampshire University Penmen 4-3 Wednesday.
With the win, the Huskies move up to 7-11, while the Penmen fall to 15-5.
UConn was coming off of another close contest coming into the meet, losing 4-3 to Villanova University this past Sunday. The Huskies last recorded a victory during a trip to Puerto Rico over Spring Break, where they earned three wins over three days. They went on to lose four consecutive meets, going more than three weeks without a victory before Wednesday's win.
SNHU also entered the meet coming off a loss, losing 7-2 to Merrimack College on Monday. The loss to UConn marks the first time the Penmen lost two consecutive meets. SNHU now falls to a 1-2 record in away meets for the season.
The Huskies brought themselves to a .500 record in meets contested at the UConn tennis courts, going 3-3 for the season. They also improved to 2-1 in meets that are decided by just one point, after losing to Villanova but winning against Colgate University 4-3 coming into the meet.
UConn next faces Sacred Heart University to end the season at home before going to the American Athletic Conference Championships in Memphis. The meet is set for Saturday, April 12, at the UConn tennis courts. The first serve is scheduled for 12 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care