Men's Tennis: UConn tops SNHU, snaps four-match skid
The UConn men's tennis team ended a four-meet losing streak as they edged the Southern New Hampshire University Penmen 4-3 Wednesday.
With the win, the Huskies move up to 7-11, while the Penmen fall to 15-5.
UConn was coming off of another close contest coming into the meet, losing 4-3 to Villanova University this past Sunday. The Huskies last recorded a victory during a trip to Puerto Rico over Spring Break, where they earned three wins over three days. They went on to lose four consecutive meets, going more than three weeks without a victory before Wednesday's win.
SNHU also entered the meet coming off a loss, losing 7-2 to Merrimack College on Monday. The loss to UConn marks the first time the Penmen lost two consecutive meets. SNHU now falls to a 1-2 record in away meets for the season.
The Huskies brought themselves to a .500 record in meets contested at the UConn tennis courts, going 3-3 for the season. They also improved to 2-1 in meets that are decided by just one point, after losing to Villanova but winning against Colgate University 4-3 coming into the meet.
UConn next faces Sacred Heart University to end the season at home before going to the American Athletic Conference Championships in Memphis. The meet is set for Saturday, April 12, at the UConn tennis courts. The first serve is scheduled for 12 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?