Tourism contest offers chance to win shopping spree
UConn students have the opportunity to win $1,000 and earn UConn a feature on television by participating in the "What's Your Connecticut Story Project," an initiative to create a new state image developed by the Connecticut's Department of Economic and Community Development and the Office of Tourism.
Competition submissions must have a story and a video and/or photo that portray positive aspects of Connecticut and being a Nutmegger. The first-prize winner, chosen by popular vote, will receive a $1,000 shopping spree.
If 100 UConn students submit their stories, UConn will be featured on the Visit Connecticut social media channels. The team is also hosting a sweepstake on the Facebook CT page where fans of the page can enter to win a two-night trip to Mohegan Sun and Mystic Aquarium for three.
"It's a contest designed to encourage Nutmeggers and visitors alike to share what they love most about the state, whether it's their first Huskies' game, first night out on the town as a freshman or taking a ski trip to Mohawk," according to an email from Sarah McKay, a member of Fleishman-Hillard, one of the four companies that make up the marketing team for the project.
The effort will be led by Chowder Inc., a creative agency specializing in destination marketing and advertising. Other members of the team include Fleishman-Hillard, South Norwalk-based Media Storm and Waterbury-based research and strategic marketing firm, The Harrison Group.
The goal of the project, the first promotion of $30 million two-year marketing effort, is to "create a compelling brand identity" and "ignite pride and inspire enthusiasm about living and traveling here," according to the email from McKay.
"We want CT residents and visitors to feel like they have a stake in what the brand campaign will become," McKay wrote. "By collecting stories from across the state, all participants will help contribute to the new Connecticut brand. We're very excited especially to receive stories from UConn students."
Students can submit their Connecticut stories at myconnecticutstory.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit