Baseball travels to Pittsburgh for Big East game
The UConn baseball team will head to Pittsburgh to continue its Big East conference schedule this weekend.
The Huskies will look to keep pace with Louisville and South Florida, with whom they are locked in a three-way tie for first place in the conference.
At 2-4 in the conference, the Panthers are tied for seventh place in the league. Unlike UConn, which is coming off an 8-5 loss against Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Pittsburgh is in the midst of a three-game winning streak, which began last weekend in their conference series against Cincinnati, and continued with a win over Youngstown State at home on Wednesday.
Though they are coming off a loss, the Huskies have won nine of 11 coming into the weekend. Over the stretch, second baseman LJ Mazzilli and center fielder Billy Ferriter have been outstanding for UConn - including a nine for 12 weekend from Ferriter against Seton Hall in the team's first home Big East series. The Panthers have lost five of their last eight.
Typically, Big East series' begin on Friday and end on Sunday, but because of the Easter holiday this Sunday, the series will begin and end a day early. The two teams will begin play at 3 p.m. on Thursday, and continue the series at the same time Friday before wrapping up with a 1 p.m. start on Saturday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
- Men's Basketball: Jalen Adams commits to UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy