Women's hockey season ends
The University of Connecticut women's hockey team's season met its conclusion this weekend as the Huskies fell to Boston University for the third consecutive game, this time in the Hockey East Tournament by a score of 5-1.
After a heated home and away doubleheader last weekend, the Huskies looked to show Boston University what they were made of in the playoffs. Unfortunately for UConn, those plans would not pan out.
The Terriers moved quickly, securing a 2-0 lead early in the second period. Goals were scored by Marie-Philip Poulin and Kayla Tutino. The Huskies would strike back with a goal of their own at the end of the second period. Margaret Zimmer was able to beat the goaltender, cutting the Terrier lead in half. The goal was assisted by Emily Snodgrass and Stephanie Raithby.
The Terriers would finish off the playoff matchup with three unanswered goals. Boston University's Jenelle Kohanchuk scored two consecutive goals for the Terriers, pushing the lead to 4-1. Caroline Campbell would finish off the day for the Terriers as she beat the goalie for a goal of her own, ending the game at 5-1.
Elaine Chuli amassed 30 saves in the loss and has truly been a bright spot for the Huskies thus far in her short career. The coaching staff has been very pleased with the young freshman as she continues to grow at her position.
The Huskies season concludes at a record of 3-29-3 overall and 1-19-1 in conference. UConn will lose three seniors to graduation going into next year and will look to improve on the young players that make up their roster.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit