Men's tennis to finish up season agaisnt Boston University
Men's tennis to wrap up regular season with showdown against Boston University.
The UConn men's tennis team is looking for a win to conclude its regular season today when they host BU at the UConn Tennis Courts at 3 p.m.
The team last competed on Wednesday in a 6-1 win over the Southern New Hampshire Penmen. The visiting Terriers, on the other hand, will be heading into Storrs with a 6-5 record that includes a 1-5 mark on the road, following the team's two consecutive losses at Brown and Marist earlier in the week. The Huskies are 3-9 on the season.
UConn has had season-long struggles due to the youth of the team. However, the team has been improving as of late after seeing better performances from players like sophomore Wayne Harrell and freshmen Andrew Ginzberg, Mark HoSang and Zac McEntee.
"They've made strides, without question," Coach Glenn Marshall said. "They were being thrown into these situations that are tough for tennis players, especially as freshmen because they haven't been through the cycle of a season. We just need to get tougher mentally in the close matches but these things don't happen overnight."
UConn will be looking to repeat their success on Wednesday and get on the board early with a good performance in the doubles competition to jump out in front.
"I think we can definitely take the doubles point against BU," McEntee said. "If we can get the momentum rolling early on in the match I think we have a good shot."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...