Sexual assault occurs at Friday party
Venida Rodman Jenkins speaks about violence in gay and lesbian relationships to those attending the Rainbow Center's Out ot Lunch lecture series yesterday. JIM ANDERSON
Two women were sexually assaulted by two men they met at a party Friday night. The assault occurred Friday night at approximately 10:30 p.m. around the Hunting Lodge Road area, according to an alert sent out by UConn police.
According to reports, the women were in a wooden area with the two men at some point during the party, at this time police are unsure how the women ended up in the woods with the men.
It has been reported that one of the men had non-consensual sexual intercourse with one of women while in the woods and the other man attempted non-consensual sexual contact with the one of the women.
People with information about this event are encouraged to call the Connecticut State Police Troop C at (860)896-3200.
UConn police encourage all members of the campus community to follow steps to avoid becoming a victim in the email alert, such as never accepting a drink at a bar or party and never putting one's drink down.
More safety information can be found in the Rape, Abuse and Incest Nation Network's (RAINN) published "Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Sexual Assault," which is available online.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?