Sexual assault occurs at Friday party
Venida Rodman Jenkins speaks about violence in gay and lesbian relationships to those attending the Rainbow Center's Out ot Lunch lecture series yesterday. JIM ANDERSON
Two women were sexually assaulted by two men they met at a party Friday night. The assault occurred Friday night at approximately 10:30 p.m. around the Hunting Lodge Road area, according to an alert sent out by UConn police.
According to reports, the women were in a wooden area with the two men at some point during the party, at this time police are unsure how the women ended up in the woods with the men.
It has been reported that one of the men had non-consensual sexual intercourse with one of women while in the woods and the other man attempted non-consensual sexual contact with the one of the women.
People with information about this event are encouraged to call the Connecticut State Police Troop C at (860)896-3200.
UConn police encourage all members of the campus community to follow steps to avoid becoming a victim in the email alert, such as never accepting a drink at a bar or party and never putting one's drink down.
More safety information can be found in the Rape, Abuse and Incest Nation Network's (RAINN) published "Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Sexual Assault," which is available online.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care