Quick Hits: A look at the last week in UConn sports
Baseball: The Huskies competed in a weekend three game series against Sam Houston State this past Friday and Saturday in Huntsville, Texas. In the series opener on Friday, the Huskies pulled out a 6-5 victory with freshman Bryan Daniello scoring the go ahead run in the ninth inning. The Huskies then played a doubleheader the following Saturday. They won the first game Saturday with a dominating 8-0 victory. They lost their last game of the series on Saturday with a close 6-4 loss. With two wins and one loss this past weekend, the Huskies now have a season record of 8-4.
Men's Basketball: The Huskies defeated the Providence Friars with a score of 63-59 in overtime in front of a sold out crowd at Gampel Pavilion Saturday afternoon in their last game of the season. Sophomore guard Ryan Boatright led the team with 23 points and made a key three-point play in overtime to help the Huskies win. Sophomore center DeAndre Daniels added 19 points and junior guard Shabazz Napier added 16 points while playing with an injured right foot. With this victory, the Huskies achieved a season record of 20-10 and a conference record of 10-8.
Women's Basketball: The No. 3 ranked Huskies defeated the DePaul Blue Devils with a score of 94-61 in Hartford, Conn. Sunday night in the quarterfinals of the Big East Tournament. Breanna Stewart led the Huskies with 21 points as five UConn players reached double figures in the victory. The Huskies have an overall record of 28-3 and a conference record of 14-2.
Women's Lacrosse: The Huskies defeated Fairfield with a score of 12-11 in overtime Saturday in Fairfield, Conn. The Huskies have an overall record of 5-0 for the season.
Men's Tennis: The Huskies were originally supposed to compete against Sacred Heart Friday at Yale in New Haven, Conn. but the match has been postponed. The Huskies competed against Brown Providence R.I. Saturday. The Huskies right now have an overall season record of 2-5 and a conference record of 0-1.
Women's Tennis: The Huskies were originally supposed to compete against Sacred Heart Friday away at Yale in New Haven, Conn. but the match has been postponed. The Huskies competed against St. John's at home Sunday. Right now, the Huskies have an overall season record of 1-6 and a conference record of 0-2.
Men's Track: The Huskies competed in the NCAA Championships Friday and Saturday in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Women's Track: The Huskies competed in the NCAA Championship Friday and Saturday in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit