Beethoven Orchestra Bonn hits Jorgensen
Few things are more soothing than classical music, so students looking to relax before break should look no further than Jorgensen's hosting of the Beethoven Orchestra Bonn March 14 at 7:30 p.m.
The orchestra itself is more than 100 years old and hails from Bonn, Germany, the birthplace of Ludwig van Beethoven. Thursday night's performance will feature his "Symphony No. 7, Op. 92" in A Major, which Jorgensen's website claims the composer personally considered one of his best.
Before the symphony plays, Louis Lorie, called "one of a half-dozen pianists worth dropping everything to hear" by London's Daily Telegraph, will open the show with a performance of Beethoven's "Piano Concerto No. 5, Op. 73" in E-flat major, widely considered one of the composer's best concertos.
While tickets for non-students range from $39 to $46, students can get in for $10 with a valid UConn ID. Non-UConn students with IDs can buy tickets for $15.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care