Fire department raises $2000 for breast cancer
The UConn Fire Department presented a representative from the Susan G. Komen foundation for the Cure with a $2000 donation, on Monday.
The UConn Fire Department, along with their counterparts in IAFF Local S-15, raised the money by selling T-shirts throughout the month of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Betsy Holmes from the UConn Fire Department started the tradition at the UConn fire department in October 2012. Holmes said, "firefighters raise money for breast cancer all over the state, during October it is on everyone's mind."
According to Chris Trovarelli, a UConn fire fighter, "we sell the shirts for about $20 to all the firefighters and our friends and family." To promote the cause, all employees of the fire department wear the T-shirts they sell during the entire month of October.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...