Blue Collar Comedy
Ron White, the blue-collar comedian best known for drinking scotch and smoking cigars during his shows, is coming to UConn's Jorgensen Theater on Friday night as part of his Moral Compass Tour.
After gaining a following from small comedy clubs, White's major break came when he was asked to join the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour" in 2000. He joined Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall and Larry the Cable Guy, as they traveled the country for three years, performing for sold-out crowds in over 90 cities.
Comedy Central can thank White for its third most-viewed hour-long special in the channel's history. His show, "You Can't Fix Stupid," debuted on Comedy Central to 4.5 million viewers, making it the number one show on primetime for basic cable. "Blue Collar Comedy Tour: The Movie" was also a wide success, and remains one of the most-watched specials on Comedy Central.
White's comedy CD's have earned him two Grammy nominations over the years, while "You Can't Fix Stupid" and "Behavioral Problems" peaked at number one on the Billboard Comedy charts. But White's accolades don't end there. After mastering live shows, movies and records, he wrote his first book, titled "Ron 'Tater Salad' White: I Had the Right to Remain Silent... But I Didn't Have the Ability." The book rose to The New York Times Best Sellers List, proving he can cover all the media bases.
White is a master storyteller of his everyday experiences, and using his comedy he shares stories from his childhood growing up in Texas through the encounters he has had on his multimillion-dollar tours.
Student tickets for this adult comedy show begin at $25.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
- Men's Basketball: Jalen Adams commits to UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy