Women's hockey's winter break
UConn women's ice hockey started off winter break with a 5-1 victory over Princeton University, but dropped their next six games.
The Huskies allowed 27 goals in their seven games over the break, and UConn was only able to net seven goals in those seven games.
Five of those seven games were played at home, at the Mark Freitas Ice Forum.
The Huskies went up against Princeton University, Boston University, McGill, Harvard University, the University of New Hampshire, and the University of Maine during the break.
Freshman forward Brittany Berisoff scored two goals, along with one assist for the Huskies in their lone win against Princeton on Jan 2. Sophomore forward Kayla Campero also netted two goals for UConn, along with two assists in the 5-1 victory.
Elaine Chuli stopped 25 shots for the Huskies while only allowing one puck to flash the red light.
The win was the first for UConn since Oct. 26, 2012.
UConn most recently dropped both games in a two game set versus the University of New Hampshire, 3-1 and 2-0.
The Huskies were outshot 57-23 in the two game series.
UConn finds themselves at 3-19-2 with 10 games left in the regular season, where they will face off with all Hockey East division opponents. The Huskies are 1-10 in conference play.
The UConn women's ice hockey squad will face off with the University of Maine this Saturday,
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit