Women's hockey's winter break
UConn women's ice hockey started off winter break with a 5-1 victory over Princeton University, but dropped their next six games.
The Huskies allowed 27 goals in their seven games over the break, and UConn was only able to net seven goals in those seven games.
Five of those seven games were played at home, at the Mark Freitas Ice Forum.
The Huskies went up against Princeton University, Boston University, McGill, Harvard University, the University of New Hampshire, and the University of Maine during the break.
Freshman forward Brittany Berisoff scored two goals, along with one assist for the Huskies in their lone win against Princeton on Jan 2. Sophomore forward Kayla Campero also netted two goals for UConn, along with two assists in the 5-1 victory.
Elaine Chuli stopped 25 shots for the Huskies while only allowing one puck to flash the red light.
The win was the first for UConn since Oct. 26, 2012.
UConn most recently dropped both games in a two game set versus the University of New Hampshire, 3-1 and 2-0.
The Huskies were outshot 57-23 in the two game series.
UConn finds themselves at 3-19-2 with 10 games left in the regular season, where they will face off with all Hockey East division opponents. The Huskies are 1-10 in conference play.
The UConn women's ice hockey squad will face off with the University of Maine this Saturday,
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools