Forgot about a gift? Tried and true ideas
With Valentine's Day less than a week away, you might be in a panic about what to get your significant other. Have no fear, lovebirds, because I'm here to offer you some gift suggestions that will make his or her heart melt - and won't necessarily break your bank.
1. Concert/Sports/Theatre tickets. Whether your partner is a heavy metal head, a diehard sports fanatic or a lifelong lover of ballet, treat him or her to an experience of a lifetime by purchasing tickets for two to an upcoming event they'll enjoy. Even if you can't afford tickets to a high-profile event, there are plenty of inexpensive events around campus.
2. A memory book. Not much is more sentimental than a scrapbook that lovingly documents all the best times you've had together. Print out some photos of the two of you, scribble in some cute notes and drawings, and voila! Instant keepsake.
3. Dinner for two. Give him or her a break from the dining halls by taking your partner out for dinner. Or, if you think you have the culinary skills, how about preparing a delicious meal for both of you to enjoy? Add some candles for some instant romance. Word of advice: if you're planning on going out to dinner on Valentine's Day, make a reservation!
4. A massage. Let's face it - we're all a little stressed at times and for those of you on a tight budget, giving your partner a night of relaxation is the way to go. Have your lover sprawl out, play some soothing music, light some candles and let your hands do the talking.
5. A homemade gift basket. Fill a basket with assorted goodies such as candy, a coffee mug, a stuffed animal, playing cards and other items you can easily find at your local convenience store.
6. Chocolate and flowers. They may be clichÃ©s, but they're clichÃ©s for a reason. These go-to gifts especially come in handy when the relationship is too new to gauge what else they might be into.
7. A mixtape. Okay, the days of cassette tapes may be long forgotten, but that doesn't mean you can't make a modern day mixtape! Make a playlist of songs that remind you of your lover and burn it onto a CD along with a note of why the songs remind you of him or her.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?