Men's track: UConn to compete in the IC4A championship in Boston

By Matt Kren

This weekend the men's track and field team will be shipping up to Boston to compete in the IC4A championship, a week after winning the inaugural American Athletic indoor championship.
Last Wednesday the Huskies were honored at halftime at the men's basketball game versus Rutgers where they received a much-deserved standing ovation from the crowd for their championship.
After winning the AAC championship, which was the big goal, set by Coach Roy at the beginning of the season, the group of men were very relaxed in regards for this weekend.
The team said that the championship was really the highlight of their season and they feel like they accomplished what they set out to do. At practice the team was very jovial and had a great mindset leading up to their last meet in the indoor season. Not all the teams come or send their best team to the IC4A championships in comparison to the AAC championship, where every team is at its highest level.
Last year at the IC4A championship the Huskies won the championship for the second time in program history. In 2013, various current Huskies turned in great performances including Philip Caldwell and Paul DeSalvo who earned a first-place in the 4x800 meter relay team.
Kyle Twombly earned third place in the 500 meter run while captain Darnell Cummings posted a sixth place finish in the 60 meter dash. Captain Cory Duggan grabbed second in the pole vault with a leap of 5.10 meters to score for the Huskies at last year's event.
The Huskies will be looking to replicate their performance last year and secure yet another championship that will just add to this great season already. The team is on a momentous roll as they have not lost a scoring meet this season and shows no signs of doing so.
In the last team meet of the season, the Huskies look to end on a high note as this meet will be important to keep momentum when the outdoor season which starts on March 29 in Storrs.