Lacrosse: UConn looks to snap three-game losing streak
The UConn lacrosse team returns home Sunday to take on James Madison. UConn (1-4) is currently on a three-game losing streak during which they have dropped games to Dartmouth, Boston College and New Hampshire. Meanwhile, the Dukes are 4-1 following, come-from-behind victory over No. 9 Penn State.
UConn hopes to bounce back strongly at home, where they are 1-2 to start the season. Perhaps being home will be a benefit, as the only game JMU has lost this season was on the road at Florida. JMU, based in Virginia, may have trouble playing in the cold, as the weather forecast predicts a mid 30s temperature, and the wind is always a factor up at the Sherman Complex.
The Huskies' losing streak cannot be pinned on one particular aspect of the game. At times, the offense, defense and goaltending were all clicking, and at times, all three aspects failed to produce. They lost to Dartmouth 14-11, in a game where their offense was clicking on a high level. They followed that performance with a blowout defeat at the hands of Boston College 15-3. Tuesday, at New Hampshire, the Huskies fell short in a furious comeback in the second half, 11-7.
If UConn is to prevail Sunday, they will need sophomore goalie Shannon Nee to shut down an offense that is averaging over nine goals per game. The Huskies will also need junior Lauren Kahn to add to her team-leading 16 points. Katherine Finkelson is second on the team with 11 points.
Sunday's game begins at 1 p.m. at the George J. Sherman Family Sports Complex.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools