Former UConn tackle Xavier Hemingway arrested on larceny charge
Not4Prophet performs at UConn Co-op. Patrick Gosselin/The Daily Campus
Former UConn offensive tackle Xavier Hemingway turned himself in to police Thursday on an outstanding warrant for his arrest on one count of larceny in the sixth degree.
According to a report from the UConn Police Department, the warrant for Hemingway's arrest was the result of an incident on Nov. 29, 2013, in which Hemingway shoplifted $19 worth of merchandise.
Hemingway was released from custody with a promise to appear. He is scheduled to appear at Rockville Superior Court on Feb. 3.
Hemingway played in 10 games for the Huskies during the 2013 season. According to UConn, Hemingway did not enroll for the Spring 2014 semester and is no longer with the football team.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...
- Champagne Diamonds Make Fashion Transitions Pop This Fall
- A Tip About Secondhand Smoke and Asthma