Former UConn tackle Xavier Hemingway arrested on larceny charge
Not4Prophet performs at UConn Co-op. Patrick Gosselin/The Daily Campus
Former UConn offensive tackle Xavier Hemingway turned himself in to police Thursday on an outstanding warrant for his arrest on one count of larceny in the sixth degree.
According to a report from the UConn Police Department, the warrant for Hemingway's arrest was the result of an incident on Nov. 29, 2013, in which Hemingway shoplifted $19 worth of merchandise.
Hemingway was released from custody with a promise to appear. He is scheduled to appear at Rockville Superior Court on Feb. 3.
Hemingway played in 10 games for the Huskies during the 2013 season. According to UConn, Hemingway did not enroll for the Spring 2014 semester and is no longer with the football team.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest