Softball: UConn hosts Rhode Island, looks to snap skid
The UConn softball team will host the Rhode Island Ram's today in Storrs in a one game non-league matchup as both teams are searching for a victory to help right the ship.
The Huskies are looking to bounce back from dropping all three games to Louisville last weekend. UConn has a 4-3 home record this season with all four wins coming against non-league opponents.
Sophomore Valerie Sadowl has led the UConn offense this season and they will look to her to keep up the hot hitting against the Rams. Sadowl leads the team in batting with an average .356 mark as well as six homeruns and 14 runs scored.
Senior Audrey Grinnell has also provided clutch hitting for the Huskies this year. Grinnell leads the team in RBI's with an impressive 22 to go along with six home runs.
Rhode Island is also currently on a three game losing streak after losing to Harvard and losing both games of a double header with Fordham.
Sophomore Taylor Archer and senior Jocelyn Mattison lead the Rams offensively. Archer leads the team in hits with 21 as well as batting average with a .288 clip. Mattison and Archer are tied for the team lead in RBI's with 12 a piece on the season. Mattison however, also leads the team in strikeouts with 23 on the season.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care