This Saturday, April 12th at 12:03 p.m., the UConn Police Department is looking into two separate, and possibly unrelated, reports of robbery that occurred during the early morning hours.
The first incident occurred at approximately 11:40 p.m. and involved two males walking on Celeron Path who were approached and assaulted by three males. A cell phone was taken. The suspects were described as two Caucasian males, possibly Hispanic, and one African-American male. The first was reported as about six feet tall with dark hair, the second about 5-5"-5'8" with dark hair wearing a red t-shirt, and the third about 5'5"-5'8" wearing dark clothing with his hair in cornrows.
These three males were last seen running towards the Celeron Square Apartment complex.
The second incident occurred later, at approximately 2:33 a.m., on Alumni Drive near Ellsworth Hall, when a male reported that he had been robbed and threatened at knifepoint. The victim said he was approached by four black males riding in a light-colored SUV and was asked about party locations. The SUV was seen leaving campus immediately after the robbery, driving south on I-95.
No other announcements or arrest have been made in the two cases. As of Saturday afternoon, there has been no new information.
According to University Spokesperson Stephanie Reitz, "Police are actively investigating every facet of these reports, including reviewing surveillance footage and seeking information from anyone who may be able to help with tips."
Meanwhile, the UConn Police Department promotes the following crime prevention tips: Call 911 if you are in danger, trust your intuition, be aware of your surroundings, realize that listening to headphones or talking on your cell phone while walking decreases your awareness of your surroundings, travel in groups when possible and whenever possible keep valuables secured and out of sight.
Students with any information are asked to contact the UConn Police Department at 860-486-4800, or through the anonymous tip line at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit