Swimming and diving: UConn to host Husky Open
The UConn men's swimming and diving team will host the University of Rhode Island, Boston College, Northeastern and Keene State at the UConn Husky Open this upcoming Saturday. The meet is scheduled to start at 10 a.m.
The Huskies are looking to continue their winning ways after completing a perfect 6-0 record in head-to-head dual meets this season. The Huskies have yet to lose in Storrs this season.
"Well we've been swimming really well away and at home," UConn coach Bob Goldberg said. "(Wolff-Zackin) is a great pool to swim in, and the team definitely performs well there."
The meet will be contested in a time trial format. This means that there will be no official winners or losers on the day, and no points will be awarded to the schools.
The meet will be a good way for the teams to warm up and stay in practice shape heading into conference championships, Goldberg said. UConn is looking to stay in form as they head to the American Athletic Conference Championships in Louisville, Ky. on Feb. 19.
"(The format) is advantageous to the guys, because everyone has the chance to get into a lot of swims and really test their times," Goldberg said.
Even without a win or loss on the line, Goldberg said the swimmers will be ready. "They like swimming here and competing here," he said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest