UConn literary magazine accepting submissions
UConn's Long River Review Literary Magazine is currently accepting submissions for this year's publication through Saturday, Feb. 8 at midnight. All current students, including graduates or students in professional programs across all UConn campuses are eligible to submit.
A wide range of genres are accepted, including "poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, international pieces, translations, hybrid pieces and uncategorized creative works," according The Long River Review website. Submissions are not limited to a certain number, but students are reminded that the magazine is looking for quality over quantity. Krisela Karaja, the editor-in-chief of the Long River Review says that the team is especially looking for "submissions to our International Literature and Translations section. Above all, we are looking for hybrid pieces that break the stereotypes of genres. Surprise Us!"
Artwork may also be submitted and visual art will be considered for monetary awards, funded by the Gloriana Gill Art Awards and the Long River Art Award.
There are specific style guidelines available on the Long River Review's website concerning the cover page that should be attached to each submission, and the information that needs to be provided with the creative work. Karaja notes that students can benefit from work to be published as the process is a key experience for writers. She also says "writing and art is meant to elicit emotion. But in order to elicit such emotion, you need readers. Just submitting to LRR (regardless of whether the pieces is chosen) guarantees you that a staff full of readers will review your work."
Once copies are released, the magazine is available for purchase at the UConn Co-op for $5, or through the Creative Writing Department. "Just like we want this year's submissions to 'surprise us,' we also want this year's final product to 'surprise' our readers," said Karaja. "I am confident that it will."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
- Men's Basketball: Jalen Adams commits to UConn
- Column: Napier finds perfect fit in Miami
- Napier selected 24th by Hornets in NBA Draft, traded to Heat
- Napier selected 24th by Hornets in NBA Draft
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy
- AARP Offers Tools for Caregivers
- Getting the Best Price for Your House to Help Finance...
- Why Purchase a Fishing License?
- Take Ownership of Your Vacation Time
- Canada Opens Floodgates for Marijuana Investments in the...
- A Playbook to Help the U.S. Regain Its Innovative Edge