UConn literary magazine accepting submissions
UConn's Long River Review Literary Magazine is currently accepting submissions for this year's publication through Saturday, Feb. 8 at midnight. All current students, including graduates or students in professional programs across all UConn campuses are eligible to submit.
A wide range of genres are accepted, including "poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, international pieces, translations, hybrid pieces and uncategorized creative works," according The Long River Review website. Submissions are not limited to a certain number, but students are reminded that the magazine is looking for quality over quantity. Krisela Karaja, the editor-in-chief of the Long River Review says that the team is especially looking for "submissions to our International Literature and Translations section. Above all, we are looking for hybrid pieces that break the stereotypes of genres. Surprise Us!"
Artwork may also be submitted and visual art will be considered for monetary awards, funded by the Gloriana Gill Art Awards and the Long River Art Award.
There are specific style guidelines available on the Long River Review's website concerning the cover page that should be attached to each submission, and the information that needs to be provided with the creative work. Karaja notes that students can benefit from work to be published as the process is a key experience for writers. She also says "writing and art is meant to elicit emotion. But in order to elicit such emotion, you need readers. Just submitting to LRR (regardless of whether the pieces is chosen) guarantees you that a staff full of readers will review your work."
Once copies are released, the magazine is available for purchase at the UConn Co-op for $5, or through the Creative Writing Department. "Just like we want this year's submissions to 'surprise us,' we also want this year's final product to 'surprise' our readers," said Karaja. "I am confident that it will."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit