Column: NBA deals to look for at trade deadline

By Eddie Leonard

The NBA trade deadline is only two weeks away. Organizations will have to decide in the next week if they want to fall into the buying, selling, or tanking, I mean rebuilding category. That being said, there are several possible trades that should be happening within the next couple weeks.
The Kings are the worst team in the West, but they should have the Miami Heat's attention due to Miami's lack of post presence. The size and toughness difference will be even more apparent in this year's playoffs due to the Pacers picking up Andrew Bynum. Bynum will be able to help out when Hibbert gets in foul trouble. The Miami Heat should pursue the King's DeMarcus Cousins for Chris Bosh. Cousins is underrated due to his attitude, but he would be able to shoot from the perimeter like Bosh, and more importantly, cover David West or Roy Hibbert in the post.
The Houston Rockets should have got rid of Omer Asik before they picked up Dwight Howard. Unfortunately they did not, and he got injured, which caused many teams to back off from him. The Rockets should have traded him for a big forward that can spread the floor. Evan Turner would have been a perfect option since the Sixers have been trying to trade him.
The New York Knicks are not in the West, but they should have a priority to trade more than anyone else in the league. The Knicks are paying Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony $23 million a piece for pitiful 19-29 record. They should get rid of Carmelo Anthony and receive some sort of compensation for him before he leaves them like LeBron James left Cleveland. I am sure he is tired of seeing Wade, James, and Bosh, all members of the 2003 draft class making title runs, while he remains winless with Chris Kaman.
The Lakers should make up their mind if they are going to trade Pau Gasol or not. It is not healthy for a team to have trade rumors almost as much as Kobe Bryant shoots, and that is saying something. The Lakers are tied for last in the West, with a solid chance of getting a Jabari Parker next season. If the Lakers want to rebuild for next season they should look into trading Gasol for Boston Celtics' Jeff Green. General Manager Danny Ainge is not afraid to pull the trigger, and Gasol would be a great fit in the pick-and-roll game with Rajon Rondo.
Despite popular belief, the Oklahoma City Thunder should not trade Russell Westbrook. Although Westbrook took over 100 more shots than Kevin Durant last year and Durant is playing at a unstoppable level without him, it is not in the team's best interest to trade him. The game tempo is slower in the playoffs. Yes, the Thunder whooped the two time reigning champs, but they hit 16 3-pointers, including two bank shots from Fisher. The last time the franchise hit 16 3-pointers, they were playing in Seattle.
The Timberwolves should try to surround Kevin Love with some weapons before he leaves them like the last Kevin did. There is not much more Love can do. He is averaging 25 points and 13 rebounds. Love becomes a free agent in 2015, Minnesota should surround him with players instead of tanking. If they were in the East, they would be one game out of fourth place, all hope is not lost as long as there is Love.