Board of Trustees meets to discuss renovations
The University of Connecticut Board of Trustees will meet Wednesday to consider a number of project budgets that include renovations to South Campus, the Engineering Building and a revised budget for the third phase of UConn's technology park.
The board will consider revising the budget for the Innovation Partnership Building to $162 million. The multi-story research facility will be approximately 112,000 square feet and contain labs and offices.
Construction would be funded by state general obligation bonds, which were approved by the state legislature for the purpose of building a research-oriented technology park on UConn's campus. The total bond budget for the project is $172 million.
Plans to demolish the UConn Health Center's Dowling North and South buildings will also be considered by the board. That project would cost an estimated $1.07 million. Additionally, plans to spend $598,000 to relocate the Anechoic Chamber at the Health Center will be considered.
A $3 million plan to fix infiltration problems and undertake exterior repairs to South Campus will also be considered. Finally, the board will consider a $92.5 million plan to develop a state of the art laboratory for research in bio-nano engineering, which would be funded by the UConn 2000 capital bond allotment.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care