Board of Trustees meets to discuss renovations
The University of Connecticut Board of Trustees will meet Wednesday to consider a number of project budgets that include renovations to South Campus, the Engineering Building and a revised budget for the third phase of UConn's technology park.
The board will consider revising the budget for the Innovation Partnership Building to $162 million. The multi-story research facility will be approximately 112,000 square feet and contain labs and offices.
Construction would be funded by state general obligation bonds, which were approved by the state legislature for the purpose of building a research-oriented technology park on UConn's campus. The total bond budget for the project is $172 million.
Plans to demolish the UConn Health Center's Dowling North and South buildings will also be considered by the board. That project would cost an estimated $1.07 million. Additionally, plans to spend $598,000 to relocate the Anechoic Chamber at the Health Center will be considered.
A $3 million plan to fix infiltration problems and undertake exterior repairs to South Campus will also be considered. Finally, the board will consider a $92.5 million plan to develop a state of the art laboratory for research in bio-nano engineering, which would be funded by the UConn 2000 capital bond allotment.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
- Men's Basketball: Jalen Adams commits to UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age