Special Police Blotter: Saturday, April 5, 2014

A man, 22, of Southbury, was arrested at 3:13 p.m. on April 5 and charged with reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree and breach of peace in the 2nd degree. Police arrested the man when they observed him throwing an open can of beer into the crowd celebrating the NCAA championship.  His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 15. 

A man, 18, of Mansfield, was arrested at Penner Place at 4:57 p.m. on April 5 and charged with reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree. He was arrested while police were monitoring a crowd of approximately 2,000 partygoers at Penner Place at Celeron Square Apartments when they observed him throw an open beer can into the crowd. His bond was posted at $500 and his court date is April 16.

A man, 18, of Beacon Falls, was arrested at 4:40 p.m. on April 5 and charged with reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree and breach of peace in the 2nd degree. Police witnessed the man throw a full can of beer into a crowd of approximately 2,000 partygoers at Penner Place at Celeron Square Apartments while the crowd was celebrating the men's final four game. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 15.

A woman, 20, of Simsbury, was arrested at Celeron at 4:51 p.m. on April 5 and charged with reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree, breach of peace in the 2nd degree and possession of alcohol by a minor. While monitoring a large crowd of approximately 2,000 partygoers at Penner Place, officers observed her stand on top of a larger boulder, fill a funnel with beer and then throw the can of beer into the crowd. Police determined she was underage and arrested her. Her bond was posted at $1,000 and her court date is April 16.

A man, 20, of Guilford, was arrested at Penner Place at 4:31 p.m. on April 5 and charged with breach of peace in the 2nd degrees, reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree, forgery in the 2nd degree and possession of alcohol by a minor. While monitoring a large crowd of approximately 2,000 partygoers at Penner Place, police observed him throw a glass bottle into the crowd. Further investigation showed him to be in possession of four bottles of Bud Light Platinum beer and a fake ID. He was determined to be Under 21. His bond was posted at $5,000 and his court date is April 15.

A man, 21, of Storrs, was arrested at Carriage House drive at 1:45 p.m. on April 5 and charged with operating while under the influence and failure to drive right. Police observed the man cross the double yellow line on Hunting Lodge Road. After stopping the vehicle police suspected him to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and conduct field sobriety tests, which he failed. His bond was posted at $500 and his court date is April 14. 

A man, 21, of Valley Cottage, N.Y., was arrested at 5:44 p.m. on April 5 and charged with reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree. Police witnessed the man throw a full can of beer into a crowd of approximately. 2000 party-goers at Penner Place at Celeron while the crowd was celebrating the men's final four game. His bond was posted at $500 and his court date is April 15. 

A man, 18, of Lebanon, Conn. was arrested at Hillside Road at 8:23 p.m. on April 5 and charged with criminal mischief in the 3rd degree. Officers were monitoring a crowd of several thousand partygoers outside Gampel celebrating the men's win, when they observed the man damaging a chair outside the Co-op. His bond was set at $500 and his court date is April 15. 

A man, 20, of Trumbull, was arrested at Celeron Square at 8:50 p.m. and charged with breach of peace in the 2nd degree, criminal mischief in 3rd and 1st degree of possession of less than half an ounce of marijuana. Police were monitoring Celeron when offers heard a window smash and saw two males standing at the location of the broken window. The two men ran and were stopped by police. A brief investigation found that one of the men was in possession of a small possession of marijuana. His bond was set $1,000 and his court date for April 15. 

A man, 20, of Sherman, was arrested at Hillside Road at 8:42 and charged with breach of peace in the 2nd degree and forgery in the 2nd degree. Police were monitoring a crowd of approximately 6,000 people on Fairfield Way when several people started climbing trees. These people were instructed to get down from the trees by police officers. The man ignored t police instructions and began climbing and swinging in the tree, inciting the crowd and causing further disturbance. He was arrested upon climbing down from the tree and found to be in possession of a fake Rhode Island driver's license. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 15. 

A man, 20, of Trumbull was arrested at 9:03 on April 5 and charged with criminal mischievous in the third degree, breach of peace in the 2nd degree and possession of a controlled substance. Police were monitoring Celeron when offers heard a window smash and saw two males standing at the location of the broken window. The two men ran and were stopped by police. A brief investigation found that one of the men was is possession of a small amount of Suboxone, a controlled pharmaceutical substance, in his cellphone. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date April 15.

A man, 19, of Farmington was arrested at 1:23 a.m. at Carriage House Drive and charged with operating under the influence, stop sign violation, 1st degree possession of less than a half an ounce of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. The man was stopped for failure to obey a stop sign and police suspected him to be under the influence. A brief investigation found him to be in possession of 0.114 ounces of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 14.

A man, 22, of Madison, was arrested on Fairfield Way at 9:07 p.m. on April 5 and charged with breach of peace in the 2nd degree and inciting injury to persons. While patrolling the NCAA basketball celebration, officers observed several people climbing trees around Fairfield Way. The people in the trees broke several of the trees limbs. In addition, they placed themselves and those around the tree at risk of serious physical injury. Officers ordered the man to climb down but he did not comply. After several minutes of ignoring officers' commands, he climbed out of the tree and was taken into custody. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 15.

A man, 19, of East Granby, was arrested at Hanks Hall on April 5 at 10:40 p.m. and charged with possession of alcohol by a minor, forgery in the 2nd degree and 1st degree offense - possession of drug paraphernalia in connection with less than half an ounce of marijuana. Police responded to the Hanks Hall parking lot on the report of a group of men smoke marijuana. After a brief investigation, one male was found to be in possession of two forged driver's licenses, alcohol under the legal drinking age of 21 and possession of a glass marijuana-smoking pipe. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 16.

A man, 21, of South Windsor, was arrested at 9:47 p.m. at Celeron Square and charged with breach of peace in the 2nd degree and reckless burning. Officers were monitoring the Celeron Square apartment complex in response to the UConn men's basketball game. Officers responded to the area of Penner Place because of a burning fire located in between buildings two and three. When they arrived they found the man adding trash to the fire, he was then arrested. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 15.

A man, 20, of Southbury, was arrested at 4:31 p.m. at Celeron Square apartment complex and charged with possession of alcohol by a minor, breach of peace in the 2nd degree and reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree. Officers were monitoring a large crowd of approximately 2,000 partygoers at Penner Place in response to the UConn men's basketball game. Officers saw him throw a glass bottle into the large crowd. After a brief investigation, he was found to be in possession of 18 cans of beer.

A man, 21, of Meriden, was arrested at Celeron Square apartment complex at 5:15 p.m. and charged with reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree and breach of peace in the 2nd degree. Officers were monitoring a large crowd of approximately 2,000 partygoers at Penner Place in response to the UConn men's basketball game. He was observed throwing a can of beer into the large crowd, recklessly endangering the physical safety of other people in the crowd. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 15.

A man, 23, of Astoria, N.Y., was arrested at 5:20 p.m. at Penner Place and charged with criminal trespassing in the 1st degree. Officers were monitoring a large crowd of approximately 2,000 partygoers at Penner Place, Celeron apartment complex in response to the UConn Men's basketball game. The man was observed breaking glass with the large crowd. He was told by police to leave the area and refused. He was subsequently arrested. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 15.

A man, 22, of South Windsor, was arrested at 9:47 p.m. at Penner Place and charged with breach of peace in 2nd and reckless burning. Officers were monitoring the Celeron Square apartment in response to the UConn men's basketball game. Officers responded to Penner Place because of a burning fire located between buildings two and three. As officers arrived, they found Weil on scene adding trash to the fire. Weil was subsequently arrested. His bail was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 16.

A man, 18, of Enfield, was arrested on Fairfield Way at 9:30 and charged with inciting injury to persons, breach of peace in the 2nd degree and interfering with an officer. Police observed him approximately 15 feet up a pine tree immediately adjacent to a gathering of several thousand people on Fairfield Way following the NCAA basketball game. The man was causing a disturbance by jumping on and breaking branches in the tree, which caused others to engage in the same dangerous behavior. He ignored several orders to come down from the tree and when he was stopped by police, he attempted to flee and was subsequently arrested. His bail was posted at $1,500 and his court date is April 16.

A man, 19, of Fort Plain, N.Y., was arrested at 9:14 p.m. in the center of campus and charged with reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree. While monitoring the celebration of a Final Four victory that was taking place in the center of campus, police observed him throw a can of beer into the crowd, creating a substantial risk of injury to other revelers. His bond was posted at $500 and his court date is April 16.

A man, 19, of Cheshire, Conn. was arrested on Fairfield Way at 9:08 p.m. and charged with breach of peace in the 2nd degree and inciting injury to persons. Officers observed several people climbing trees around Fairfield Way. The people in the trees were observed jumping up and down on the tree limbs, breaking several limbs and inciting the large crowd of spectators on Fairfield Way.  In addition, they placed themselves and those around the tree at risk of serious physical injury. After several minutes of ignoring officers' commands. The man climbed out of the tree and was taken into custody. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 15.

A woman, 21, of Storrs, was arrested on Hillside Road at 9:51 p.m. and charged with operation while under the influence, disobeying of an officer 1st time and disobeying officer signal, 1st offense. She was pulled over on Hillside Road for failure to obey the signal of an officer. The woman was suspected of being intoxicated and consented to field sobriety tests that she failed. Her bail was posted at $500 and her court date is April 14.

A man, 21, of Red Hook N.Y., was arrested at 00008 Staff Lot at 1:52 a.m. and charged with operation while under the influence. An officer observed him sitting in the driver's seat of his vehicle in the staff parking lot, the vehicle was running and the lights were lit. After a brief investigation, the officer suspected he was under the influence of alcohol and subjected him to a series of field sobriety tests that he failed. His bail was posted at $500 and his court date is April 16.

A man, 18, of East Windsor, was arrested on Celeron Path at 10:58 p.m. and charged with criminal trespass in the 1st degree and possession of alcohol by a minor. The man was among the many students celebrating the NCAA playoffs attempting to gain entrance to the Celeron Square complex after UConn Police had cleared the crowds. He was not a resident of Celeron and was told by police several times he could not gain entrance to the complex. He was warned to leave the area or face arrest. After the third warning, he did not leave and was placed under arrest. He was then found to be in possession of three cans of Busch beer and was determined to be under the legal age to possess alcoholic beverages. His bond was posted at $1,000 and his court date is April 16.

A man, 19, of South Windsor, was arrested at North Eagleville Rd. at 8:30 p.m. and charged with reckless burning and breach of peace in the 2nd degree. Officers were monitoring a large crowd of about 1,000 people that had gathered at the north campus dormitories in response to the NCAA Basketball Game. Officers observed him begin to light a small banner on fire within the group of people. His bond was posted at $500 and his court date is April 16.