Women's Hockey: Huskies riding momentum into series with Northeastern
The UConn women's hockey team will look to capitalize on momentum stemming from two big wins as they take on Northeastern this weekend in Boston.
The Huskies are coming off victories over New Hampshire and No. 7 Boston College as they head into the homestretch of conference play, with only four games remaining until the Hockey East tournament.
Coach Chris MacKenzie's team will look to knock off a Northeastern team coming off of a 3-0 loss to the Eagles in the championship game of the Beanpot.
Northeastern enter the matchup with a 14-13-2 record and are 9-6-2 in Hockey East.
Despite Northeastern having a better record than UConn, MacKenzie says his team has demonstrated that Hockey East contests are a coin flip, as any team can knock off a higher rated foe.
"My impression of our team and Hockey East is that anyone can beat anyone on any given night," said MacKenzie. "My thoughts are: let's get ready for the playoffs and see how far we can go."
The Huskies will look to continue to be strong on the penalty kill, which is an aspect MacKenzie has been focusing on throughout the season.
"We'll just continue to work on battling and picking up defensive assignments," MacKenzie said. "Going forward, special teams are going to play a huge role."
"For our future," MacKenzie added. "I think it bodes well."
The Huskies will take on Northeastern on Friday and Saturday in Boston at 2 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care