Department of Literatures, Cultures and Languages hosts French Game Movie Festival
Avid video gamers and students with a passion for French culture can join forces at the French Game Movie Festival sponsored by the Department of Literatures, Cultures and Languages.
The festival consists of multiple showings of game movies or walkthroughs of a video game that are edited by the gameplayer into a film-like format. Each of the game movies is made entirely in French and will be followed by a discussion that will also be conducted in French. Those in attendance at the event will be able to enter a lottery to win one of the games from which the movies were made.
The first night of this three-part festival took place April 22 and featured a movie of the game "Heavy Rain."
The second part of the event will take place tonight at 7:30 p.m. in Homer Babbidge Library video theater two and will feature a movie of the game "Remember Me."
The final night of the series will take place Thursday, May 1 at 7:30 p.m. in Oak Hall 101 and will feature a movie of the game "Assassin's III."
All of the events comprising the festival are free and open to all UConn students. Refreshments will be provided.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care