Editorial: Newsroom to U will give students the chance to meet their editors
Dr. Deepti Priya, a speaker at the UNESCO Chair 11 Annual International Human Rights Conference held on Tuesday night. Kevin Scheller
The editors of The Daily Campus will be gathering in the Student Union room 318 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight for an event called "Newsroom to U."
Last year The Daily Campus took a poll of students to find out just how much the campus community knew about how their student-run newspaper works. Sadly, we weren't pleased with the results.
It turned out that many students didn't know that the paper is run by students and driven by a student faculty. What's more, many polled didn't know where to find us, or that we operate out of a building strictly devoted to The Daily Campus located behind the Buckley Dining Hall.
It was clear that we weren't doing enough to be involved with the student community on campus at the university. As a result, we decided to start having regular "office hours" in the Student Union so the campus community can have a chance to speak with the people who produce The Daily Campus five days a week. Our aim is to become better involved with the student body and produce content that you feel is underrepresented or going uncovered.
We invite students to stop by to speak with us, partake in some activities we have planned and find out more about how you can get involved with one of the UConn's oldest traditions.
If you have ever had questions for the editors or simply had a bone to pick with them about something that they've written, they will be personally available at "Newsroom to U" and more than willing to address any questions or concerns that students may have.
This is a rare opportunity for students to get involved with their community's newspaper and share their insight with people who are in a position to make the changes that they want to see. The Daily Campus has been reporting and writing the history of this university since 1896 and we want to do everything in our power to ensure that we are doing that job properly. "Newsroom to U" is our way of making sure that we aren't allowing our presence in the community to go unnoticed anymore than it already has.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest