Medical Humanitarian Society banquet to be held Saturday
Lip-sync Concert at Gampel In Celebration of Home Coming Week. DANIKA PIERCE/The Daily Campus
In support of their upcoming international service trip to Guatemala, and to recognize Saturday's status as World AIDS day, the UConn Medical Humanitarian Society is hosting a banquet Saturday night at 7 p.m.
With a general theme of cultural and educational awareness and a focus on global health issues, the banquet will feature presentations by professors Rebecca Aubrey, Stanton Wolfe and Seth Kalichman on, respectively, Guatemalan culture, the importance of promoting health in underserved populations, and malnutrition and HIV/AIDS.
The banquet runs from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Alumni Center's Great Hall and will count as an event for sophomore honors students.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care