HuskyTHON: this week's details
Though UConn's annual HuskyTHON charity event, an 18-hour dance marathon that raises funds for the Connecticut Children's Medical Center, won't be held until Feb. 16, fundraising and events "For The Kids" are beginning as early as this week's "Dancer Week."
"Dancer Week" features a pasta dinner Wednesday at the Hillel Center, located near Towers, from 5 to 9 p.m. Entry is $5, with all proceeds going to HuskyTHON. UConn's dining services, Angellino's and Wally's Chicken Coop will donate food.
Those interested can also donate by getting a treat at Storrs Center's FroYoWorld on Thursday, where presenting a print-out flyer on HuskyTHON's website will result in 15 percent of any purchase going to "For the Kids."
Friday brings a Baja CafÃ© late-night deal, where ordering from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. will give HuskyTHON 10 percent.
Finally, on Saturday, ZumbaTHON will keep things moving from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Field House. Hosted by BodyWise, HuskyTHON and UConn Recreation, all proceeds will go to HuskyTHON. Volunteer BodyWise instructors will lead four hours of Zumba; it's open to the public and anyone 17 and over is welcome. Tickets are $5 online, $10 day-of and check-in will open at 11:30 a.m.
For more information or to buy tickets for ZumbaTHON, visit HuskyTHON's website.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit