Storrs Side: UConn football hires former William & Mary running back coach David Corley as assistant
David Corley has been hired as an assistant football coach at the University of Connecticut. His official position will be Director of Player Engagement, and will also have a direct role in coaching the running back position.
Previously, Corley joined the William & Mary staff in 2008. His first two seasons were spent as the running backs coach, following the next three as a quarterback coach. In 2013, he served as the wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator.
While playing at William & Mary from 1999-2002, Corley was a four-year starter. He received all-conference multiple times, and broke several passing records in his tenure. Corley went on to play professionally in the Canadian Football League and the Arena Football League before returning to his alma mater as a coach.
In his time as the running backs coach, David Corley helped groom tailback Jonathan Grimes into one of the top rushers in the nation. Under Corley's tutelage, Grimes set records for rushing yards, all-purpose yards and rushing touchdowns. Grimes graduated as the most decorated player in Colonial Athletic Association's history.
UConn has brought in Corley to replace Ernest Jones. Jones resigned earlier this month after officials within the university took issue with statements that he made regarding religion's place in football.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?