Storrs Side: UConn football hires former William & Mary running back coach David Corley as assistant
David Corley has been hired as an assistant football coach at the University of Connecticut. His official position will be Director of Player Engagement, and will also have a direct role in coaching the running back position.
Previously, Corley joined the William & Mary staff in 2008. His first two seasons were spent as the running backs coach, following the next three as a quarterback coach. In 2013, he served as the wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator.
While playing at William & Mary from 1999-2002, Corley was a four-year starter. He received all-conference multiple times, and broke several passing records in his tenure. Corley went on to play professionally in the Canadian Football League and the Arena Football League before returning to his alma mater as a coach.
In his time as the running backs coach, David Corley helped groom tailback Jonathan Grimes into one of the top rushers in the nation. Under Corley's tutelage, Grimes set records for rushing yards, all-purpose yards and rushing touchdowns. Grimes graduated as the most decorated player in Colonial Athletic Association's history.
UConn has brought in Corley to replace Ernest Jones. Jones resigned earlier this month after officials within the university took issue with statements that he made regarding religion's place in football.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools