Women's Lacrosse: Huskies travel to New Hampshire to face Wildcats
The UConn women's lacrosse team will be playing on the road today at 4 p.m. against the University of New Hampshire Wildcats.
The Huskies are coming off a brutal home loss courtesy of Boston College. The Eagles handed the Huskies a 15-3 loss at the George Sherman Family Sports Complex.
The Huskies and the Wildcats have both struggled early in games this season. Both teams share a 1-3 record and both have gone 0-2 in games against common opponents, Dartmouth and Boston College.
The Wildcats, like UConn, struggled against the prolific Boston College offense. The Wildcats gave up 17 goals in their 17-8 loss to the Eagles back on Feb. 20. UNH heads into Wednesday's game riding a three game losing streak.
Senior midfielder Lauren Kahn will need to set the pace early for UConn. Kahn scored two goals and tallied two assists in last year's matchup with New Hampshire. She has registered a team-high nine goals and five assists on the season. She also leads the Huskies in draw controls and caused turnovers.
UConn has a 5-5 time lifetime record against the Wildcats. The Huskies won their last two meetings, including a 11-9 home win last year.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...