Key NBA buy outs

By Eddie Leonard

NBA buyout deals seem to be have become a trend this year. Every time I turned around a new player was being being bought out last week. I believe the redistribution will have a big impact on the Western Conference playoff picture. 

The most notable deal was Danny Granger's buy out from the Philadelphia 76ers. The Sixers were robbed in this deal because they gave up their best player, Evan Turner to the Pacers. The Sixers traded Turner, even though he was having a career year, for Granger. 

Getting robbed has become a routine in Philadelphia. The Sixers traded their last star, Andre Iguaodala for Andrew Bynum. Bynum ended up spending more time bowling than he did playing basketball. 

After Granger was released from the Sixers he signed with the LA Clippers. Granger is a great fit for the Clippers because Doc Rivers knows how to insert players into his system. Granger averaged 25ppg. one year in Indiana before his injury. He will really add to the already improving half court offense of the Clippers. Blake Griffin's post game has dramatically improved, so having a perimeter scorer not named Chris Paul will really help spread the floor. The Clippers are the second best team in the Western Conference if they can utilize Granger correctly. 

The Milwaukee Bucks also bought out their best player, Caron Butler, on Feb. 28. The two-time all star is now taking his talents to Oklahoma City. Butler is a shadow of what he used to be but he will be a great role player on the Thunder. 

Butler will serve as a veteran leader on the Thunder that can make big shots. He will be like Derrick Fisher, who has come up big for the Thunder several times. Butler will play a big role in games because there is so much focus on Durant and Westbrook. All Butler has to do is knock down open shots when the floor is spread. 

Jimmer Fredette also found a new home in Chicago this past week. The prolific BYU scorer was bought out of his contract in Sacramento and the Chicago Bulls picked him up. 

This is a great move for both Fredette and the Bulls. Fredette will be able to blossom in a big market with veteran players. Fredette is a great shooter but he has to be surrounded by great pieces in order to shine. He can not create his own shot at the NBA level. Fredette's averages 1.41 ppp on the spot up, which is a league best but his sample size is only 34 plays. Fredette could help fill Kyle Korver's role. Chicago is 27-15 when they hit at least five three's but they are 6-11 when they do not. 

Fredette also benefits from the deal because he is an awful defender going the best defensive minded coach in the NBA, Tom Thibodeau. Fredette did not get much playing time in Sacramento because he was a defensive liability.
 Lastly Metta World Peace was released by the New York Knicks earlier this week. The best fit for World Peace would be in Miami because he would help them on the defensive side of the ball when they have to play bully ball with Indiana in the playoffs. No one likes bully ball more than World Peace, just ask Pistons fans.