UConn Lacrosse defeated by UNH
The University of Connecticut women's lacrosse team were defeated yesterday by the University of New Hampshire 11-7. With the loss, UConn falls to 1-4, dropping their third straight game, following defeats by Boston College and Dartmouth.
The Huskies struggled right out of the gate, giving up a goal 25 seconds into the game. They knotted it up at one following a goal by Alexandra Crofts. However, as the first half progressed, UNH took control of the game. A hat trick by Kayleigh Hinkle, along with two goals by Laura Puccia, enabled UNH to lead 6-2 at halftime.
The Wildcats picked up where they left off following the break. With three goals in the first six minutes of the second half, UNH took a commanding 9-2 advantage. Facing a deep deficit, UConn mounted a comeback. A free position goal by Kacey Pippit and an unassisted goal by Crofts in the course of a minute brought UConn within five. However, UNH was able to match UConn down the stretch. Each time the Huskies went on a run, UNH came up with a timely goal to keep their lead intact. UConn goals by Laura Kahn and Molly O'Reilly cut the final margin to 11-7.
UNH was led by Laura Puccia, who had four goals, and Laura McHoul, who tallied two goals and four assists. The leading contributor to UConn was Laura Kahn with two points, stretching her team-leading total to 16.
UConn, now 1-4, return home this Saturday to face off against James Madison. JMU is 4-1. The game will be at 1 pm Saturday afternoon at the Sherman Complex. It will be UConn's first home game following their three game road trip.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit