Softball: Huskies set for matchup against Eagles
The UConn Huskies softball team travels to Boston College today to take on the Eagles in a non-conference matchup as both teams prepare for the final weekend of the regular season.
The Huskies (13-34, 3-14 The American) are looking to form some sort of momentum as they prepare to head into the inaugural American Athletic Conference tournament.
The Eagles (27-19, 11-11 ACC) are coming off a conference series win over Virginia.
The UConn pitching staff will have to deal with the trio of Megan Cooley, Tory Speer and Jessie Daulton. The trio leads Boston College offensively and are each having very productive seasons.
Cooley leads the team in hits with 55, as well as batting average with an impressive .353 mark. Speer adds power to the Eagles lineup with 10 homeruns and 42 RBI's on the season with a .672 slugging percentage.
Daulton is another table setter for Boston College, hitting .320 to go along with 28 runs scored.
The Huskies offense has made steady improvement over the course of the season and will be needed once again to provide run support for the pitching staff. The UConn offense continues to be led by sophomore infielder Valerie Sadowl.
Sadowl has been hitting at a team high average of .336 with 19 runs scored and six homeruns. She has found herself in the three spot in the lineup after recent changes and will have more opportunities to drive in runs.
Junior infielder Emily O'Donnell is also a catalyst of the UConn offense. O'Donnell, who has recently moved into the leadoff spot in the lineup, will be important to any success against Boston College. She is hitting .289 on the season and has a .350 on-base percentage with 15 walks.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit