Softball: Huskies set for matchup against Eagles

By Spencer Mayfield

The UConn Huskies softball team travels to Boston College today to take on the Eagles in a non-conference matchup as both teams prepare for the final weekend of the regular season.
      The Huskies (13-34, 3-14 The American) are looking to form some sort of momentum as they prepare to head into the inaugural American Athletic Conference tournament.
The Eagles (27-19, 11-11 ACC) are coming off a conference series win over Virginia.
The UConn pitching staff will have to deal with the trio of Megan Cooley, Tory Speer and Jessie Daulton. The trio leads Boston College offensively and are each having very productive seasons.
Cooley leads the team in hits with 55, as well as batting average with an impressive .353 mark. Speer adds power to the Eagles lineup with 10 homeruns and 42 RBI's on the season with a .672 slugging percentage.

Daulton is another table setter for Boston College, hitting .320 to go along with 28 runs scored.
The Huskies offense has made steady improvement over the course of the season and will be needed once again to provide run support for the pitching staff. The UConn offense continues to be led by sophomore infielder Valerie Sadowl.
Sadowl has been hitting at a team high average of .336 with 19 runs scored and six homeruns. She has found herself in the three spot in the lineup after recent changes and will have more opportunities to drive in runs.
Junior infielder Emily O'Donnell is also a catalyst of the UConn offense. O'Donnell, who has recently moved into the leadoff spot in the lineup, will be important to any success against Boston College. She is hitting .289 on the season and has a .350 on-base percentage with 15 walks.