Spring Weekend line up announced
The talents of the Trinity Irish Dance Company were on display Tuesday night at Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts. The group performed traditional Irish step dances.
Goofy talents, endless food and time honored traditions can be expected on campus this Spring Weekend. UConn's Spring Weekend Committee announced their lineup of events this week, which include everything from a faculty talent show to a cultural center open house to a food truck festival.
"UConn students can expect a variety of engaging and exciting events. We will have everything from returning beloved UConn traditions like the Student Alumni Association's OOzeball and RHA's UConnapalooza to new events such as UConn's got talent: faculty and staff edition and UConn's Knock Out's basketball world record," Sumia Hussain, one of the co-marketing chairs, said.
Last year all Spring Weekend events followed the theme "UConn Serves, UConn Learns, UConn Cares" and this is being carried over to this time as well.
"We have events that focus on community service, athletics events, entertainment, cultural and awareness events," Hussain said. "There are so many options for everyone. We want to provide engaging activities and events that cater to all students."
The events are hosted and co-programed by a number of campus organizations, including SUBOG, WHUS 91.7 FM, UConn Television, the Undergraduate Student Government and Counseling and Mental Health Services.
According to Anthony Infurchia, the co-marketing chair, the variety of both sponsorship and activity will make sure that there is an activity for every student.
"Students are going to experience a fun and lively Spring Weekend which should help to invigorate involvement in future Spring Weekends," Infurchia said. "There are so many events happening across the campus with many occurring right in the center on Fairfield Way and Hillside Road. Most students won't have to go far to get in on the fun. Students won't want to miss out."
Although the committee has only just gone public with the weekend's events, student feedback has been positive according to Hussain.
"I have heard a great deal of positive feedback which is very exciting. Students are already signed up for many of Community Outreach's service events and Oozeball just finished up their registration. There also has been some buzz starting about the UConn's KO Basketball World Record," Hussain said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest