Huskies travel to Worcester for weekend series
The Huskies leave Storrs this weekend for Worcester, Mass. to play a pair of games against Holy Cross. Earlier in the season, UConn beat Holy Cross by a goal at the Toyota UConn Classic.
While the Dec. 29 matchup was at home, the Huskies will have to play with the same intensity away. Although UConn came away with the victory, Holy Cross won four consecutive games against the Huskies before this season and are the third-leading power play team in the AHA.
"I think it all comes down to who wants it more. We have all the tools to beat these teams, but if we don't work out Holy Cross it will be a long game, " said freshman Brant Harris. "We know what we have to and we are going to do it,"
With a record of 7-14-3, Holy Cross is tied for 8th in the AHA standings. Only one point separates the Crusaders and the Huskies (7-13-4).
Cole Schneider leads all freshmen in Atlantic Hockey with 22 points (seven goals, 15 assists). The Huskies have multiple scoring threats heading into this game. In their most recent game, resulting in a tie against Air Force, five different players netted the five goals scored.
"Every conference game from here on out is going to be a tight battle that will be won by the team that works the hardest," said Rui Encarnacao. "Holy Cross is an extremely hard working team and we need to be mentally prepared to come out even harder then them for the entire 60 minutes of the game."
With only four opponents left in the regular season, the Huskies need to gain points to advance in the standings.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?