Rapper Big Sean to perform at Jorgensen

Published: Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Updated: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 21:01

The last rap concert held at UConn earned notorious fame when the Huffington Post shed light on students cheering for the “rape trail”. Will Big Sean’s upcoming concert hold any similar surprises?
25-year old Sean Michael Leonard Anderson, better known by his stage name Big Sean, will be performing at the Jorgenson Theater this Thursday and I’m sure everyone is anxiously awaiting the twerk song, “D.A.N.C.E.”

The artist’s first claim to fame was when he signed with Kanye West’s GOOD Music in 2007, and then Def Jam Records a year later. His first debut album came in 2011, Finally Famous (an appropriate name, I think). Though the album features well known songs like “Marvin and Chardonnay” and “Dance,” some songs that don’t get nearly enough recognition, but are lyrically and musically decent including “High” and “Memories.” The artist has collaborated with big names to produce chart topping hits like “Clique” and “Guap,” songs sure to get partiers hyped.

Recently, especially in his latest album, “Hall of Fame”, Big Sean has broadened his horizons and collaborated with artists like Ellie Goulding. Though his sound remains the same, the newest album is more melodic than hard hitting - the concert is sure to provide some bass-ridden vibes with singsong rapping. For those going to the concert, definitely catch up on the lyrics to songs like “Beware.” Maybe Jhene Aiko and Lil Wayne or even Kanye will make guest appearances. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.